How to Respond in a Tough Situation
Being in a car accident is the last thing anyone wants - but when it does happen, there are ways of making sure that the legal and insurance issues are handled with as little stress as possible.
- First of all - stay calm.
- If someone is injured, be sure to call for medical help.
- Make sure you call the police.
- Don't publicly make any statements where you either accuse the other person of causing the accident or take all the blame yourself. It could open you up to legal problems.
- Whatever you do, don't leave the scene until you've had a chance to talk with the officer and you've gotten their name. It's important to make sure that your side of the story goes on the record. Afterward, it's a good idea to get a copy of the police report.
- Make sure you have a pre-printed copy of your insurance information in the glove compartment, along with a camera you can use to provide pictures for the insurance company. A disposable camera with a flash for nighttime or interior shooting is usually best for this.
- In dealing with the other driver, make sure you get their name, address, driver's license number and insurance information - and that they get the same information from you.
- Also, make sure to get information from any witnesses as well.
- Make sure you get pictures of any physical evidence of what could have caused the accident.
- Write down pertinent details such as where the accident took place, what the weather was like, etc.
- Once the information's exchanged, report the accident to the insurance company immediately, even if it's not your fault.
- Make sure you understand how you're covered, and don't be afraid to ask the insurance company to explain the conditions of your coverage and payments.
- Don't be afraid to seek legal advice - and don't sign anything if you don't understand it.
- When you're using a body shop to get repairs to your vehicle, be aware that the insurance company can recommend a shop, but you are under no legal obligation to use its services. You have the legal right to choose the shop to do your repairs.
- Also be aware that insurance companies sometimes try to
dictate what type of parts are used in a vehicle's repair. They might
insist that a shop not use Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, as
they are more expensive.
You have a right to know what kind of parts are being used on your vehicle, and to know if your insurance policy dictates what kind of parts can be used in your car. If your policy lets you choose, you have the right to decide for yourself.
- An insurance company also has the right to inspect your vehicle, but it is not required to do so. In addition, they cannot require you to visit one of their own claim centers.
- And finally: Make sure you learn from this accident, but also let yourself move on from what happened. Everyone has an accident once in a while - it's just something that happens.
$29.99 Oil Changeview coupon
conventional oil only - up to 5 qts, most cars apply.
Dustin Thomas, 01/17/2020
Max the owner is amazing!! I feel like every time I go there it's like having your dad look at your car you know that you're going to get a truthful and honest diagnostic and actual care of your car. His work and labor is very reasonable in comparison to most luxury Auto repair shops in the northern Virginia market and they're always trying to give you options and alternatives to providing the most effective cost based on your budget giving you both a high option and low option of materials work and labor shows the good genuine honest loyal business trade and sportsmanship that Max puts into his business. I've been to a lot of shops in the area including their sister shop in Springfield which is just as amazing in the aspect of the work but just as good quality work. I will say the landmark Auto on Duke Street isn't the most posh posh in the aspect of the seating area to wait for the work for your car to be done, but the people there are very much like family very friendly and always willing to make sure they provide you the most cost-effective quality work for the amount of money that you're looking to spend along with options. It is truly the best auto repair shop in northern Virginia for Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, BMW and Volkswagen. Landmark Auto group becomes your family as all of the customers there are mostly returning and or loyal customers who come back, Max is the most loyal businessmen that I know in the northern Virginia market! Thanks guys you make one of the most nervous stressful moments in one's life dealing with their car and issues that it may be having one of the most relaxing professional experiences that I've ever experienced. Max you're the best!!